July 12, 2010

Random Memorial for Monday 7/12/10

Gone but not forgotten: pill-pushing visitors to help us brush our teeth better.

I gotta say I've been pretty lucky with my oral hygiene, possibly because I had a sister who went into the dental field and provided me with a lifetime supply of floss (I'm using one from Hills right now, years and years later because not only does it prevent tooth decay -- it doesn't decay itself!). I can't say how much of my mouth is some kind of laser-hardened amalgamated space shuttle substance (what do kids nowadays use as a technological reference point the way my generation had NASA's reusable space plane?), but other than a slightly chipped tooth up front, my smile still works well. My favorite tooth related memory (admit it, you have one too ...) is from when the people would come visit us in elementary school and we'd all be lined up in tables, brushing our teeth before chewing up the little red pill that would turn our smiles pink based on how badly we actually were at cleaning our mouths. I'm not connected to that age youth any more, but I would guess those little red pills had some kind of dye that causes cancer and that program has probably been abandoned.

Little reddish pink oral hygiene "gotcha" pills, you are missed!

DOES DENTAL FLOSS EXPIRE?:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080521164048AA32uKb

WHAT IF THOSE RED PILLS WERE FROM ALICE IN WONDERLAND OR THE MATRIX?:
http://www.whostolethetarts.com/archives/000372.html

No comments:

Post a Comment