May 20, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 5/20/10

So what is a vacation really? Time away from work? Time away from worry and stress? Time away from your routine? Time away from yourself?

I intended to post each day on my recent vacation, and did just fine when I was at the South Beach Hilton or at the Ft. Lauderdale resort. But then, the tables were turned. I jumped in the U-Haul and started the multi-day drive back through all of Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, another sliver of Georgia, the rest of Tennessee, Kentucky, all but Gary in the state of Indiana and that little corner of Illinois known as the Windy City -- and stayed in small chain hotels in Valdosta, GA and Louisville, KY. Both touted WiFi access, and both worked just briefly before crashing, disallowing me entry to the world wide web.

And I tried every trick I knew to possibly seduce the interwebs to let me in -- I complimented it on its appearance, I offered to buy it a shot that only I knew how to make that was somewhat suggestive in title, I did a few push-ups before stripping to my wife-beater in hopes that its interest in my tattoos might lead to something more -- and I waited until closing time in hopes that the internet would pick me out of the last group of straggling drunks. Even though those things have all worked for me before, the internet just wasn't interested in "fooling around".

But now -- I'm back on pace to posting daily ... and you know how to spot me in the bar and exactly what I do for "game". Consider yourself forewarned on both accounts.

BEST PICK-UP LINES (WARNING, PRURIENT CONTENT AHEAD):
http://topseductiontechniques.com/100-best-pick-up-lines

CAP COG NOW UPDATED M/Tu/W (REALLY, A LINK TO THE SITE YOU'RE ALREADY ON, HOW META):
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment