May 22, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 5/22/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... if you are so intrigued by blood sports and fights to the death, why don't you get you and your depravity crew together and fight each other until there's just one standing (hopefully with fatal wounds, at that). This way, you can leave our pit bulls and roosters and FINCHES (not a typo) alone! I like me some steak and I like me some chicken, so I'm not headed some radical direction (not that there's anything wrong with that for those who believe that strongly) but I would like to think that it's reasonable to say that you shouldn't raise little bitty birdies with beaks whittled to razors for the purposes of making some money off of gambling as to which bird will kill the other one. I wish for you that there's some Spartacus Finch in your flock that rises up and slaughters you after being inspired by that famous Hitchcock movie.

WARNING -- tangent ahead: Could this, in turn, be a new graphic novel, featuring Tweety-Bird's revenge? To fight his way back to grandma and the friendly rivalry with Sylvester, he must break free from the sub-humans that have captured him for bloodsport. Of course, since Tweety is a canary, we'll have to make a minor switch, like have him be thrust into gang life with the Cruel Cutthroat Canaries from which he must escape. Is Tweety a boy? Am I using the right pronoun?

Must ... do ... research ...

FINCH FIGHTING RING BROKEN:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/27/connecticut.finch.fighting/index.html

TWEETY's GENDER MYSTERY SOLVED:
http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/question73504.html

SUPPORT THE HUMANE SOCIETY:
http://www.humanesociety.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment