May 2, 2010

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 5/2/10

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Take me out to the ballgame. Take me out with the crowd [of immigration reform protesters]. Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack. I don't care if I never get back [so long as I don't get blown up in Times Square].

Baseball, America's favorite pastime, meet the 24 hour news cycle. You had to bypass the immigration rally to see a Cubs game this past weekend because we were playing (make that sweeping) the Arizona Diamondbacks. And the White Sox players all got a taste of the big apple when they found themselves in a hotel just two blocks away from the smokin' SUV in Times Square on their way to losing to the Yankees (and since the Sox were in NY for 9/11, they narrowly avoided a really bad case of deja vu). Play ball (without distractions, ideally)!

FOOTAGE FROM IMMIGRATION RALLY AT WRIGLEY:
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-438037

WHITE SOX AFFECTED BY SMOKIN' SUV SCENARIO:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5155951

No comments:

Post a Comment