February 6, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 2/6/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

...why is it that children's programming seems to be so often influenced by hallucinogenic drugs. The Kroft boys might still be playing coy about their creations from the 70s (HR Puffinstuff anyone?), but what the hell's goin' on with Yo Gabba Gabba? I made the mistake of falling asleep with the TV on one Friday night recently, and I awoke to what I now know is Muno, Foofa, Brobee, Toodee and Plex. My first thought was "so those mushrooms in last night's Chicken Marsala must have been home grown, if you know what I mean" ... and then I thought I'd do a little research. Fun for me ... go to this link and wait for the RuPaul clone to pop up at the bottom with the cast. Then, run your mouse over all the characters with your volume on high to annoy your neighbors. [Warning -- if doing so makes toddlers or pre-toddlers come to your door like some kind of pedophiliac pied piper, please don't say you got the idea from me.]

http://yogabbagabba.com/#

No comments:

Post a Comment