February 8, 2010

Random Memorial for Monday 2/8/10

Gone but not forgotten: Spirograph, LiteBrite and ShrinkyDinks.

Do kids still have access to these? Have they been recreated virtually for this generation of young-uns (got an app for that)? OR has our litigious society robbed people of the chance to toy around with this kind of creativity? [Do ShrinkyDinks cause cancer? Are LiteBrite pegs a choking hazard? Does Spirographing cause seizures?] Regardless, I could use a little retro therapy and "getting back to basics" mojo if anyone wants to point me in that direction. And then I can play with my matchbox cars on the roots of the old tree out back.

Toys from my youth that fostered creativity ... you will be missed.

http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item/productid/7711/txt/Lite_Brite_Cube/XXX/

No comments:

Post a Comment