December 5, 2009

Random Soapbox for Saturday 12/5/09

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I'm the victim of a mean game of bait and switch played by PBS. I just got done watching a Nature special on baby animals that was advertised with pictures of cute and cuddly critters but instead featured newborn spiders that fed on their mother after birth, a sickly little lemur torturedly abandoned by its momma who couldn't carry her any longer, lions who promptly kill cubs upon taking over a new pride and baby elephants getting kicked in the face when the bull felt it was interfering with the sex it was trying to have with the little one's mom. I know nature is rough and it's not all Disney-fied "Circle of Life" nonsense, but talk about not knowing what I was getting into!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/born-wild-the-first-days-of-life/introduction/5258/

No comments:

Post a Comment