November 7, 2009

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/7/09

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I have to say that I think that this menu item is just irresponsible. I understand merely offering this 9-1-1 sandwich -- nine burgers and eleven pieces of cheese -- doesn't force anyone to order it ... but I have to think that few people finish it and it seems like a waste of food when plenty of people are still going hungry. And for those who do finish it, I'm reminded how when it comes to cardiac disease, for 1 out of 3, death is the first symptom. Maybe I'm getting heated up over a novelty item, and as someone who tries to add bacon to everything, I know I'm opening myself up to claims of hypocrisy, but let's draw the line at the Quad Stacker at BK!

http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2009/10/eating_weiner_still_champions.html

No comments:

Post a Comment