November 14, 2009

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/14/09

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I'm drinking my usual 12 fl.oz. can of Coke and my thumb is right at the message on it that says VERY LOW SODIUM! It makes me feel good a little bit, until I notice that the numbers behind the claim reference 35 mg or less per 240mL -- and in parentheses I am informed that 240mL is equal to 8 fl.oz. So -- wait a minute -- in order to maintain low sodium intake on this product, am I supposed to not finish the whole can? What am I to do with the other 4 fl.oz.? Why wouldn't they tell me the sodium equivalent for the whole can I was drinking? Sneaky, tricky, fine print! (mind you, I'm still a Coke [TM] addict, and do not plan to reduce my consumption -- I'm just being grumpy). For more deception and trickery hidden in the fine print, become a regular viewer of www.mouseprint.org.

http://www.mouseprint.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment