November 23, 2009

Random Memorial for Monday 11/23/09

Gone but not forgotten: bike-a-thon.

I trolled the internet looking for information about this event from my youth and found ... nothing. Remember leaving from your high school (didn't every county school participate?) and riding in to the county vo-tech/Hills area? I can remember the LHS path took us out to almost Cornwall, and around by Alcoa and back in on 5th avenue. Didn't we get sponsors per mile and raise money for shared resources in the county education offices? I know there's a walk-a-thon/dance-a-thon/run-a-thon for every cause now, but the bike-a-thon was the first fundraiser I remember.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Map_of_Lebanon_County_Pennsylvania_School_Districts.png

No comments:

Post a Comment